Updated: Mar 26, 2020
Hello Everyone _/\_
Given the uncertainty of the times I wanted to let you know how we will maintain our financial responsibilities as a Sangha.
Our business plan for ten years has been to accept donations. This means those who use our services make their own decision about its worth to them. The only direct request for contributions comes in November as we celebrate the founding of both the Falmouth Soto Zen Sangha and my Order and our Network--The Silent Thunder Order.
This has meant 1/3 of donations have gone to the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Falmouth (UUFF) to use their facility for our meetings, 1/3 to the Silent Thunder Order for direct support, and we keep 1/3 for Sangha expenses relating to Juaki, Zikai Tokudo, books, food, and website fees.
Our new financial plan for the next few months is as follows;
1. We no longer use UUFF facilities for our meetings. UUFF is closed until further notice, and we are not obligated to provide 33% of our donations to it. However, they have supported us for ten years and face financial issue of their own in these times so we will continue to give 15% of our donations to UUFF.
2. Our donations to STO go primarily to support the ministerial allowance of our Abbot Taiun Elliston-Roshi. We will now increase the percentage of our donations to STO from 33% to 48% until we once again use facilities at UUFF.
3. Our Sangha will continue to retain 33% of donations.
4. You may send donations by check (To: FSZS) to Dan Joslyn, 14, Davis Rd., Falmouth, MA 02540, or use the faster method of PayPal. This can be done by going to our website and scrolling down to the PayPal donation button: falmouthsorozensangha.net
5. These change will take place on April 1, 2020.
Please understand, if you cannot donante you are welcome to join us. Our presence with each other is the present we give ourselves, it is the harmony of Sangha...
If you would like to talk at any time just call me at 404-702-7646.
108 Bows for all you do for the Falmouth Soto Zen Sangha and the Silent Thunder Order.
May you be safe and well,